The final list of SSC JE Result is announced by the SSC. SSC is the Staff Selection Commission, the conducting body of SSC Junior Engineer examination.
SSC conducts the SSC JE exam to recruit eligible candidates for various (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying and Contracts) posts for various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
AS per the SSC Calendar, the SSC JE 2020 exam was scheduled from March 31st, 2020 but was postponed by the commission due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the country. The detailed schedule of the exam is given on the SSC Calendar page.
Every Year, lakhs of candidates apply for the SSC JE exam but only a handful of those make it to the final SSC JE Result. This article will walk you through the stages of SSC JE Result and How candidates are shortlisted at each stage.
Candidates Selection Till the Final Stage of SSC JE Result
In order to understand the selection procedure for SSC JE exam, it is important to know the exam pattern of the same. The SSC JE exam pattern comprises two stages:
- SSC JE Paper I
- SSC JE Paper II
Paper I of Junior engineer exam is an objective type test of 200 marks conducted online i.e. computer-based mode.
Paper II of the JE exam is a Written Test of 300 marks conducted Offline i.e. pen and paper mode.
Now, the selection of candidates for these stages starts as follows:
- Only the candidates who successfully fills and submits the SSC JE application form within the time period prescribed in the notification and who application are not rejected for any reason are called to appear for Paper I of the JE Exam
- Candidates who write the JE Paper I exam have to score the minimum marks as set by the commission. This minimum mark is the qualifying cut off mark which is important for candidates to obtain in order to be called for the next stage. Remember, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong attempts in Paper I of JE exam.
- Paper II is the next stage and only the candidates who attain the minimum cut off marks can appear for Paper II. There is no qualifying cut off set for this stage. The combined marks of candidates scored in Paper I and Paper II is the basis of deciding the final selection of candidates in SSC JE Result.
- There may be cases when two or more candidates attain equal aggregate marks in SSC JE result 2020. In such a situation, the commission follows the given methods one after the other to resolve the Tie.
- Check the Total marks of candidates in Paper II.
- Date of birth, with older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order of the names of the candidates.
After checking all the scores in Paper I and Paper II and resolving the Tie (if any), the commission prepares the final list of candidates whose names deserve to be there in the SSC JE result and publishes it on the official website for the placement call of the candidates on SSC Junior Engineer Position.